Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Week One Update

It's, as of late tonight, one week since I've been a resident of New York City. The first few days were like vacation, but since Jared's left (he's back home now) it's become real living. Here are some pictures from when Lindsay W and Jared were in town, hanging out with Sam and I!

Hanging out at McCann's
Jared and I at a little place in Midtown.
"Photo Op" with Trekie Monster from Avenue Q! Great show!
Here are some pictures from the awesome new place I live!!!

Bryant Park, where Jared and I liked to stop while wandering Midtown.

I just thought this was neat.

Theatre row.
Since hanging out alone is lame, I've been spending a fair amount of time haning out with Al, a friend who I met rather randomly in college. He's sort of my big brother in the city. He's an actor and knows a ton of people (he seems to be mister right place, right time). The other evening I met him after work and we hung out at his place in Spanish Harlem and cooked dinner (amazing, amazing stirfry) and the next night we went to see Gypsy with Patti LuPone. That show was the MOST amazing this I've ever seen. The three leads all won Tony awards for their roles and, let me tell you, it showed. It was astounding. Here's some pictures!
Al, the Mrs. Dash salesman.
Our tasty stirfry!
The insanity that was the crowds outside of Equuis. They're all waiting to see Daniel Radcliffe... aka, Harry Potter.
Tonight, I'm having a date with myself. I went to Martha's Country Bakery and got a really tasty cupcake and watched When Harry Met Sally alone in my room and enjoyed every second of it. Sometimes, I just need time to unwind and be alone. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the New York City Church in Times Square. I'm sure it'll be the first in a line of church shopping!
Overall, it's been a good week. Surreal, but good. So, now it's off to see what the next week holds!

1 comment:

Tessa Nelson said...

I LOVE your blog! I really do! You have great pictures and lots of interesting thing to say about your new life. Good for you! Hope all is well w/ you. I want to hear about where you're working and all that... pictures of your appt?:-)