Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Last Few Days...

It's been a wild last few days. The Military Ball weekend in Minneapolis was wonderful and Jared and I were just the most handsome couple ever :) I'll have a picture of both of us later, but here's what I took of myself.




Then it was back home to finnish packing and head out. I left my room more of a disaster than I wanted to, but I suppose there are worse things. Then Jared and I left my house at around 11:00 pm central time. It was the most surreal feeling ever leaving home for the first time. Sure, I haven't lived at my parents house for a long time, but La Crosse has always been my home. I've gone away on trips for extended periods, but I've never moved. Yes, I cried, but somewhat less than I though I would. Either way, we were off, Jared holding my hand the whole way.





This is what 4:00 in the morning looks like when you've been driving for five hours.

And this is what 9:00 in the morning looks like.


We arrived in Pennsylvania, just outside of Pittsburg, at about 4:00 in the afternoon and went right to Jared's friends Tom and Missy's house. I was excited, if not a little nervous, to meet them but they were very friendly right away and Missy and I have hit it off quite well. I'm glad to fit in. Then we met up with some other folks, had dinner and played around with the kids for a while.


And then today has been a lazy, sleeping day. Missy made us from scratch biscuits and gravy for breakfast (at 2:00 this afternoon) and now we're just tooling around the house and deciding what fun we'll have tonight!
I'm excited and fairly anxious to get into the city, though. But just a day or two more!!!! I'll be posting then!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY some pictures! ;)
MISS YOU!!!! -JB

Tessa Nelson said...

I love blogs full of pictures! I like the one of you in the car mirror:-) Look and sounds like you're having fun already!!!

Matthew Conners said...

Ah, Jared, how he makes me smile.

Hope things are going great for ya!

Joy said...

So that's what my brother's been up to! :)
Hope you're both well!

Joy said...

Oh, I forgot to mention: I love that picture of Jared "holding" the light over his head. That's classic!