Monday, September 15, 2008

Here I Am!

Alrighty, the adventure has begun! Jared and I pulled into Astoria, Queens, New York City at about 2 AM Sunday morning!!! The drive was long, mostly because I was so anxious to be there. We got in and the first thing we saw was the friendly face of Andy rounding the corner on his way up to the apartment. We moved everything in upstairs then went for a quick bite to Mike's Diner near the Astoria/Ditmars subway station (it's the Perkin's of Astoria, but Greek).

We tried to win rush tickets for Avenue Q last night, but didn't win (Jared attributes it to his winning both Monopoly and Risk in the recent past) so we wandered around Manhattan, stopped at a few stores, sat in Bryant Park and looked at all the pretty, pretty lights. Then we went back to Astoria to meet Lindsay W and Sammy at McCann's (http://www.mccannspubnyc.com/) on Ditmars just a few blocks from the apartment. It was a nice little bar that I'm sure I'll be frequenting soon enough. It's so nice to have no smoking in all bars!!!

Now, I'm going to go back to bed!! G-night!

No comments: