Saturday, July 1, 2017

Brows Time!

Eyebrows. Bigger means younger. I'm no longer young, but I don't really want to look it if I don't have to. 

When I lived in New York City a million years ago, I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time at Boom Broom Brow Bar. It was the thing that made me feel like a real, grown-up New Yorker. 

2009. I mean, not bad for a red-head.

I had my first baby in 2013. He's amazing. He has a little brother who is equally amazing, but becoming a mom didn't agree with me as I thought it would. He was a total surprise at 5 weeks early and then he was very sick for a month. That does a job on you, guys, and I needed something to make me feel like a person. I remembered how I felt about myself after getting my eyebrows done, and a friend posted that she had started working at an eyebrow threading place. Ok, ok. I should have known. But I was deep in the throws of postpartum and I didn't know anything. So, I went. "Keep it natural, just a clean up" apparently sounded like "make 'em skinny like it's the 90's." I was horrified. I already hated my new body, and now I got to hate my face, too. It was awful. 

This is 4 years later without a single pluck. The before.

Now, to my delight, I get to go back to NYC in October. I'm excited to see my friends, I'm excited to see shows, I'm excited to see the sights, but I'm most excited about Boom Boom. Enter Boom Boom Brow Job Growth Serum. $40 bucks and it will probably last me less than a month. Yes, I'm that desperate. Maximum effectiveness is at 4 months, which is exactly when I'll be back. So, let's journey together and see if this can be saved.

Cheers!


No comments: